Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pinterest Projects- Glitter Sugar

I found this really cool idea on Pinterest on how to make glitter sugar.  The picture looked awesome and it was super simple, so I thought I would give it a try. 

http://www.planetpals.com/craft-non-toxic-craft-supply-recipes.html  <-- original pin
non toxic glitter

See.  It looks awesome.

I followed directions exactly, even trying with both sugar and salt.  I thought there was no way I could get these results.

The left (blue) side is sugar, the right (green) side is salt- this is after I baked them exactly as directed.

This is after letting them cool- The salt is just green salt now, the sugar is hard and clumpy.

 I had hoped that this would work, but unfortunately it didn't.  I feel like the original picture is actual glitter, not edible at all.  Don't know what went wrong. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment