Saturday, August 25, 2012

A few other projects- colored pasta and sensory bottles

There are a few other projects that we did this summer (that I took pics of and can remember!)

I colored some pasta noodles.  I used a tiny bit of vinegar and some food coloring, put it in a bag with some assorted pasta, and shook them all around.  I let it sit in the bag for several hours before dumping it.




I made several "sensory bottles."  This one has blue water, oil, and glitter.


One of these was filled with colored rice, then Rhett added different objects.  As you move it around, you can find the objects hidden in the rice.  The other is water with glitter, a bit of soap, and some random objects. 


He loves shaking them up and watching the glitter settle.  I have learned that super fine glitter settles MUCH slower than regular glitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment