Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fun summer crafts- rice jar


With lots of extra time over the summer, I felt like we should take advantage of some of the crafts I've pinned on Pinterest and actually try them.  After a trip to the doctor for his Pre-op checkup (he's getting tubes in 2 days), we made a trip to the local craft store.  I wanted to make some fun jars (sensory jars) for him- rather have him help me make them.  

I got things ready while he napped.

I colored the rice with a bit of food coloring and put it in a jar.



I got all of the things we purchased out and together.


I put a few of each thing in the bowl for him to add.
When he first woke up, he saw the stuff and got very excited.  After a quick potty break, we got started.  He really loved the little "poof balls."
I did a bit of modeling, showing him how to put things in the jar.


He took some out.
And tasted some...
 
And had a great time!

Then he got mad because I put the lid on.  :)

Finished product





No comments:

Post a Comment